Thursday, March 17, 2016

The "Complete Dialogues" Challenge!

At the beginning of the semester, I told you that you didn't have to buy one of the expensive books that I ordered because we weren't really likely to have time to engage it seriously. But, I also told you how useful it is to have a good index of all the dialogues and to be able to think about the Republic in relation to other dialogues.

When I was at the "Friends of the Library" sale last week, I found a used copy of the very book I'd recommended to y'all.  The dust cover's beaten up a bit, and there's some foxing on the paged, but it is a clean, solid book.

So, I'll give the book to the member of the 360 class who makes the most compelling case for me to give it to them. (Humor required.)

Post your case to the blog.

Go!

Deadline: 3/31/16

No comments:

Post a Comment